Have your tenants been Naughty or Nice this year? Do you know what to look for when deciding if you want to renew that lease or not? Here are some ideas and items to think about that may put them on that Naughty list:
– Are they paying rent on time?
– Do they value your home as if it was their own?
– Are they up to date on utility payments?
– Did they sign up and put the utilities in their name?
– Does the yard look like it did when they moved in?
– Is their pet (if you allowed pets) digging holes in the yard, scratching doors, etc.?
– Have they made major changes to the property without asking?
– If no smoking was allowed, does the home smell smoke free?
– Did any extra tenants end up living in the house without authorization?
Sometimes the easy route of just keeping your current tenants in the property seems best. That way you don’t have to deal with getting them out and getting the place rent ready again for new tenants, BUT if your current tenants are Naughty, you might want to think twice before things get worse.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Wishing you the finest of days!